This recipe is perfect to share as a Valentines day dessert with your loved one or great to make when you those cravings kick in! The recipe requires a few ingredients and a couple hours of patience before your can dive into this chocolate dream.
– 5oz Semisweet chocolate chips
– 1 Cup cold heavy whipping cream
– 3 Egg whites
– Whipped cream for topping
1. Place chocolate chips and 1/4 cup of the cream in microwaveable large bowl and heat for 45 seconds in 15 second increments stirring between each until fully melted and blended. Be careful not to burn the chocolate. Once melted, set aside.
2. Place 3 egg whites in medium bowl. Using an electric mixer, mix until stiff peaks form (about 4 min).
3. Clean and dry the beaters and place the remaining 3/4 cup of heavy whipping cream in second bowl and beat until stiff peaks form (about 4 min).
4. Using a spatula fold in half of the whipped cream in with the melted chocolate. Gently stir.
5. Fold in egg whites to the chocolate mixture just until all the white is gone and your mixtures completely brown. (swirl the spatula around the rim of the bowl and flip the cream over). As soon as all of the white is gone, stop mixing immediately.
6. Finally, spoon the mousse into serving dishes or a single container and refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours. For more thick mousse, let set for 4+ hours.
Once you are ready to indulge in this chocolate creamy goodness try adding some chocolate shavings to the top. It adds a nice crunch throughout your dessert that is undeniably delicious!