Potatoes are delicious no matter how you decide to eat them; mashed potatoes, hash-browns, baked potatoes, french fries, potato chips… I mean the options with this starch is pretty much endless. For these hasselback potatoes we used Yukon gold because they are so tender and personally I think taste the best! I have this recipe for you all right below and you will see how simple and inexpensive these are to make.
Servings: 3 Prep time: 5 min Cook time: 1 hr
- 3 Yukon gold potatoes
- 1 TBS olive oil
- 2 Slices cheddar cheese (we used pre-sliced sandwich cheese and cut into small rectangles for stuffing)
- 2 Slices bacon finely chopped and cooked until browned
- 3 TBS sour cream
- Wash potatoes to remove dirt and preheat oven to 425*
- Using a sharpened knife slice the potatoes vertically being careful not to slice all the way through. Stop the knife about a 1/2 inch away from the bottom of the potato and repeat this along the length of the potato.
- Take olive oil and drizzle over potatoes and rub into the skin.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place potatoes on baking sheet and bake for 55-60 minutes until soft and cooked all the way through.
- Remove potatoes from oven and place sliced cheese pieces in between each slice in the potato. Place back in oven for about 1 minute to melt the cheese.
- Top your potatoes with sour cream, crispy, bacon, salt/pepper, and any other toppings you would like!