Fettuccine Alfredo is a meal we have at least every other week. It’s quick and delicious! You really can never go wrong with pasta in this household. I learned to make Alfredo sauce a couple years ago and when I realized how simple it is to make, over the years I’ve added my own twist to it that is hard to resist.
Once you see how quick and easy alfredo sauce is to make, you will most likely never want to buy store bought again. If you keep these three staples in your refrigerator : heavy whipping cream, butter and Parmesan; you can make it whenever you want! Oh, and don’t forget your garlic too :).
So, how do I make our Alfredo sauce differently? In your typical Alfredo sauce you have butter, garlic, Parmesan, and heavy whipping cream; or you could always use flour & milk. I personally like the creaminess that the heavy whipping cream gives you so that’s what we always use. As for “the kick” I add two spices to flare up the flavors – it’s seriously so good!! The spices I use are cayenne pepper and paprika. All it takes is a sprinkle of each to get that burst of flavor.
Look at that creamy goodness!
When picking ingredients it’s best to use freshly grated Parmesan off the block, instead of prepackaged grated Parmesan. I have found that the fresh Parmesan melts way easier and does not become grainy.
Okay, so what’s the full recipe? I’ve got it for you right below!
Servings: 2 cups
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Pinch of paprika
- Melt butter on medium low and add in your garlic. Cook garlic until fragrant. If butter is melting too quickly lower the heat so it does not burn.
- Slowly pour in heavy whipping cream and increase heat to medium. Stir constantly and bring to a simmer.
- Once cream begins to simmer lower heat to low and sprinkle in Parmesan stirring frequently until fully melted. If you would like a thinner texture you can mix in more cream at this point.
- Stir in salt, pepper, cayenne, and paprika until well combined.
- Serve immediately.