I love my InstaPot!
Seriously though, pressure cookers, in my opinion are the best invention for the kitchen of all time. Especially for those busy week nights when you do not want to be in the kitchen for hours on end. My favorite feature of the InstaPot is the “saute” option. I was able to brown my ground turkey, saute my veggies, and dump in the remaining ingredients all in the InstaPot – all without needing another pan. That’s a WIN in my book when you have barely any dishes to do!
Turkey Taco Soup
This soup is a guilt free, hearty, and a comforting meal in this freezing weather we have been having. It is filled with black beans, white beans, corn, red bell pepper, garlic, and red onion. It also has a bit of a kick to it because we added in Bobby Salazar’s salsa verde. Side note: If you have never had Bobby Salazar’s salsa before you need to stop what you are doing and go buy some, right now. It is the BEST store bought salsa I have ever had.
It really does not matter which salsa you use for this soup, whatever your preference is. If you want to opt out on salsa all together you can use slightly more chicken broth to keep it the same liquid consistency. I love adding in salsa because it has a thicker texture and adds more layers of flavor throughout your soup. For toppings we like to go all out. We like Greek yogurt or sour cream, shredded monterrey jack cheese, jalapenos, cilantro, and chips for dipping.
Okay, enough of my chatter. Soup time!
Servings: 6 Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 16oz Ground turkey
- 1/2 Red onion diced
- 4oz canned corn
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 Red bell pepper diced
- 1 15oz can black beans
- 1 15oz can white beans
- 1 TBS Olive oil
- 1 TBS Taco seasoning
- 15oz Salsa
- 2 Cups unsalted chicken broth
- Sliced Jalapeno (optional for topping)
- Any additional topping you want: cheese, sour cream, cilantro
- Start by heating olive oil in your InstaPot by hitting the “saute” setting.
- Add in your onion, garlic, and bell pepper to really get those flavors going. Saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in ground turkey, season with taco seasoning and brown. Turn off saute setting.
- Pour in remaining ingredients and stir. Hit “soup” setting and set time for 25 minutes.
- When timer goes off, move valve to release pressure.
- Serve, garnish and eat away!