These are better than they look! I was too excited to eat these tacos so I didn’t take my time to shoot a variety of pictures like I usually do. Dante, my husband knows how to get down on tacos!! This recipe is packed with veggies and flavor. It is filled with ground beef, bell pepper, carrots, onion, and cabbage, ginger, and garlic. The best part is, it doesn’t take long to make once you have all your ingredients chopped up! Another perfect meal for a busy week night.
Servings: Makes 8 Tacos Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 3 TBS olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 TBS minced ginger
- 1 LBS lean ground beef
- 1 cup red and white cabbage
- 1/2 cup carrots thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons cilantro finely chopped
For your crispy taco shells
- 8 medium corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- pinch of salt
- Heat 1 TBS oil in a large pot over medium heat. saute garlic and ginger until fragrant. Add in ground beef, stirring and breaking up the meat frequently; cook until browned.
- Set beef aside in a heat safe bowl. Add vegetables to pot and cook until vegetables are tender.
- Add beef back to pot with soy sauce, cilantro, cabbage and 2 TBS oil into vegetable. Season with salt and pepper. Stir until well-combined.
- On medium high heat, in a small pan heat vegetable oil and season with salt. You will know the oil is ready by flicking a tiny amount of water and it splatters throughout the oil.
- Fry one tortilla at a time. Using metal tongs, carefully hold one half of the tortilla into the oil and cook until golden and firm. Flip tortilla to the other half and repeat until you have formed a taco shell.
- Place taco shells on paper-towel to drain excess oil.
- Fill taco shells with vegetable-beef mixture and enjoy!