- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups chicken broth, no sodium
- 6 slices of bacon finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons of bacon grease reserved from cook bacon
- 4 medium yukon gold potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- green onion for garnish
- Add chicken broth, potatoes and chopped onion to InstaPot or crock-pot; stir to combine. If you are using a slow cooker, set time for 3-4 hours until potatoes are completely cooked and fall apart when stabbed with a fork. If you are using an InstaPot, set pressure cooker timer to 30 minutes.
- While your potatoes are cooking brown your bacon in a large pot or skillet. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the bacon grease and set aside. Do not clean your pot/pan. Set aside.
- Once timer goes off, smash the potatoes as if you are making mash potatoes.
- In a the same pot you used to cook your bacon, melt butter with reserve bacon fat on medium high heat. Add in flour and whisk until it is completely combined. Slowly add heavy whipping cream and whisk until mixture is completely smooth. Allow mixture to simmer and thicken for about 2-3 minutes.
- Pour the cream mixture into InstaPot or crock-pot with the potatoes, and combine. Add cheese, Greek yogurt, salt and pepper, and give a good stir.
- You are all done! Add any additional toppings you would like and serve away.