Shells so good you’ll want to go back for seconds and thirds. Homemade creamy pesto sauce mixed with shredded rotisserie chicken and some of Italy’s favorite cheeses.
Servings: 4 Cook Time: 30 minutes
Homemade Creamy Pesto:
- 2 cups fresh basil
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup Parmesan
- 1/2 cup pine nuts or walnuts
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 TBS butter
For the Pasta:
- 6oz jumbo shells
- 2 cups creamy pesto (Use our creamy homemade recipe or store bought)
- 1 1/3 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 cup shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup Parmesan
- 2 cups mozzarella
- 2 TBS chopped parsley
For the Creamy Pesto
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients but the olive oil and blend until finely chopped.
- Slowly add in olive oil and blend until smooth.
- In sauce pan over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in heavy whipping cream.
- Bring to simmer, lower heat. Add pesto and stir until fully combined.
- Set aside.
Stuffed Pasta Shells
- Bring salted water to a boil and cook shells for 9-10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400*.
- Combine chicken, 1/2 cup Parmesan, parsley, 1 cup mozzarella, ricotta cheese, and 2 TBS pesto sauce.
- Pour 1/4 cup of pesto sauce onto bottom of 9×12 baking dish.
- Stuff shells with ricotta/chicken mixture; line in baking dish.
- Pour sauce over shells and sprinkle with remaining Parmesan and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Allow to set and cool for 5 minutes.
- Serve and garnish with parsley.