This orange chicken is the perfect combination of sweet and spicy. If your taste buds are usually turned off by the sweetness orange chicken can bring, you need to try this recipe. We decreased the amount of freshly squeeze orange juice and balanced it out with lime juice and some spices. This recipe pairs perfectly with brown rice and your choice of steamed vegetables.
Servings: 4 Total Cook Time: 35-40 Minutes
- Juice of 1 orange
- 1lbs chicken tenders cut into cubes
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 1 1/2 Cup flour
- 2 Eggs beaten
- 1 1/2 Cup Panko
- Salt/Pepper to taste
- 1/4 Cup honey
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 tsp red chili flakes
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp ginger grated
- 2 tsp corn starch
- green onion (garnish)
- sesame seed (garnish)
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Start by seasoning your chicken with salt and pepper. Next, coat your chicken in this order: flour, eggs, panko. Repeat until all chicken pieces are breaded.
- Spread chicken evenly on baking sheet at bake for 20 minutes or until chicken reaches internal temperature of 165F.
- While chicken is baking combine remaining ingredients except minced garlic to make your sauce.
- Over medium low heat, being careful not to burn, saute garlic until fragrant. Increase heat to medium and pour in sauce. Whisk continuously until sauce thickens. About 4-5 minutes.
- Remove chicken from oven. In large bowl toss chicken in orange sauce. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and green onions.
- Serve over rice and your choice of steamed vegetables. Enjoy!