Toasted bun, tender meat, coated in sweet and tangy BBQ sauce. What more can you ask of from a sandwich?
Prep Time: 10 Minutes Cook Time: 55 Minutes Total Time: 1hr 5min
Servings: 6 BBQ Sauce: Makes 2 1/2 cups
- 3 lbs Pork Shoulder (Trim the fat)
- 1 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2/3 cup club soda
- 1 tsp salt & pepper, plus more for meat
- 1/2 cup + 2 TBS brown sugar
- 3 tsp liquid smoke
- 4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Ciabatta rolls sliced in halves, toasted
- Cut meat into 4 Pieces. Season all sides with salt and pepper, place in InstaPot or crock-pot. (If using slow cooker, set on high for 6 hours until easily shredded with fork).
- Combine liquids and spices to create your BBQ sauce. Pour 1 1/2 cup BBQ sauce over pork. Set remaining sauce aside. Secure lid on InstaPot and set “pressure cooker” to 45 minutes.
- Once timer goes off, allow pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes. Move valve to release steam completely.
- Remove meat from pot, using a fork, shred the meat. Drain liquid from InstaPot or slow cooker. Place meat back in pot, top with remaining BBQ sauce, stir to combine.
- Serve pork on toasted ciabatta rolls and enjoy!
Notes: Use this meat for tacos too! Whatever you choose to pair it with, you won’t go wrong. If you want the sauce to be spicier, try adding in a few teaspoons of hot sauce to the BBQ sauce. To store, place in an airtight container and refrigerate for 3-4 days.