Servings: 2 Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 7 Minutes Total Time: 12-15 Minutes
- 1 head of broccoli
- 1 tablespoon goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced using a press
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Begin by washing and trimming your broccoli. Trim by cutting the entire stem, leaving only the head. Slice into small bite size pieces.
- Bring salted water to a boil. Blanch broccoli for 2 minutes; strain and immediately place broccoli into ice water to stop from cooking for 30 seconds; strain and set aside.
- Heat skillet over medium high heat add in pine nuts to toast (about 2 minutes). Add broccoli to dry up excess water (2 minutes). Add in olive oil, red onion, and garlic; saute for 2-3 minutes. Move to serving dish, sprinkle with salt, pepper, and goat cheese, stir to combine.