BANANA CHOCOLATE NUT BREAD MUFFINS WITH PEANUT BUTTER FILLING. Yes, you read that right! These muffins are made with cocoa, honey, browned butter roasted nuts and finished off with peanut butter filling in the middle! HEAVEN IN YOUR MOUTH! These are by far my favorite muffins I have ever made. I am too excited to talk anymore about them and I want to give you the recipe ASAP!
Servings: Makes 10 Muffins Cook Time: 20-22 Minutes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup melted butter, plus 1 TBS
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cashews, chopped
- 2 tsp honey
For the Peanut Butter Filling:
- 1/2 cup all natural creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- Heat your oven to 350°F. Fill cupcake pan(s) with 10 liners.
- In a saucepan, add 1 TBS butter and brown by heating butter over medium heat. Add in your chopped pecans and toast until golden. Move off heat. Transfer nuts to paper towel to soak up excess butter.
- In a medium bowl, mix the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork. Add melted butter and oil and stir until combined. Stir in the brown sugar, honey, egg, and vanilla extract. Stir until smooth.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, don’t overmix. Fold in nuts.
- In a small bowl, combine peanut butter and powdered sugar. Whisk until smooth.
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon of batter into each muffin cup. Place tsp of peanut butter filling on top. Top with 1 more tablespoon of batter. Repeat with remaining batter and filling until you have 10 muffins.
- Cook muffins for 20-22 minutes until cooked through.
- Remove muffins from the oven and set on a wire cooling rack. Let muffins cool completely before serving. Store in airtight container.