This recipe is mouthwatering. It is flavorful, spicy and checks all the boxes that satisfies taste buds! We try to make meals that are quick and easy to get to the dinner table and this is one of them. You can have this ready for yourself or your family in 30 minutes. My favorite part about this recipe is the avocado red pepper dressing – it is a creamy dressing full of flavor that is the perfect compliment to the bowl of veggies and spiced shrimp!
Servings: Makes 2 Shrimp Bowls Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes Total Time: 25-30 minutes
For the Sauce:
- 1 avocado (you will need 2 avocados total for this recipe)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tablespoon lime juice (or juice of 1 lime)
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 jalapeno (seeded)
- half of one red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 1 garlic clove
For the Shrimp:
- 12 pieces raw shrimp (thawed, peeled and deveined)
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- pinch of red chili flakes
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (plus for more cooking)
- 1/8 tsp cumin
- Half of red bell pepper, thinly sliced (Use the other half of the bell pepper from the dressing)
- 1/2 cup red onion finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 cups cooked Spanish rice (homemade or store-bought)
- 1 avocado, cubed
- Juice of 1 lime
- Make your sauce by combining all “sauce ingredients” in food processor or blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Place in bowl and set aside in refrigerator.
- Place all seasoning ingredients in a medium bowl and toss shrimp to evenly coat. Drizzle olive oil in large skillet and heat over medium high heat. Once sizzling hot, place shrimps face side down on skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes. Flip shrimps over and cook for additional 3-4 minutes until cooked through and slightly charred. Remove from heat.
- While the shrimp is cooking, in a medium bowl, combine all “bowl ingredients” except cooked rice.
- To assemble bowl: Place a cup of rice, evenly divide the avocado vegetable mixture, add desired amount of cooked shrimp and top with sauce! Enjoy!