The kind of food that makes it socially acceptable to lick your plate. This recipe is the ultimate side dish. Indulge in these potatoes at home or bring to a holiday party and wow your family and friends. You definitely won’t have left overs!
Servings: 4 Total Cook Time: 50 minutes
- 4 golden Yukon potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon shallot, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1/2 cup freshly grated cheddar
- 1/2 cup freshly grated havarti
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Finely chopped Italian parsley (optional, for garnish)
1. Preheat oven to 350F. In a large sauce pan, over medium, melt butter and sauté the garlic and shallot until fragrant. Add in cream and bay leaf immediately over medium low heat. Bring to a low simmer. Stir occasionally.
2. Add in potato slices and simmer for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Stir occasionally.
3. Shred all your cheeses and combine in a small bowl.
4. Remove bay leaf. Pour half of the potato mixture in a small baking dish. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup of the cheese. Pour remaining potatoes in dish and top with the rest of the cheese.
5. Cover with foil, bake for 40 minutes. Uncover and broil for additional 10 minutes until golden on top. Allow to cool for 5 minutes and serve warm.