These Pesto Zucchini Boats are a great summer and spring dish. They are stuffed with delicious ingredients like shredded chicken, roasted baby tomatoes, pesto, and topped with a creamy ricotta cheese that gives this recipe a pasta feel.
Servings: 4 Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20-25 Minutes Total Time: 35 minutes
- 4 Zucchinis cut length wise with ends cut off
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 cup pesto sauce (store-bought or homemade)
- 1 cup baby tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (plus more for zucchini)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup red onion thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup ricotta cheese (or less)
- Start by prepping all ingredients by slicing them and setting them aside. Using a spoon scrape out the seeds from the zucchini to create a hollow area to place ingredients. Preheat oven to 375F
- In a skillet drizzle olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Add in sliced tomatoes and grill for 3-5 minutes until soft. Combine in bowl with red onion and shredded chicken.
- Add in pesto and give a good stir to combine.
- Place zucchini’s in a large baking dish or bake sheet and drizzle each with oil. Spoon the filling evenly among the hollowed out zucchinis. Top the zucchinis with small spoonfuls of ricotta cheese. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Serve immediately.